Top 10 Winter Beauty Tips That Will Combat Winter Dryness
Winter can be a season of dry, irritated skin and hair. In order to help combat winter dryness, RR Aesthetics created this list of their top ten winter beauty tips. Follow these tips for healthy skin and hair all season long! For more information or skincare tips, contact RR Aesthetics.
- For Dark Circles – Sleep at least seven to nine hours every night as dark under eye circles tend to be more obvious in the winter due to pale-looking skin.
- For Dandruff – Get rid of dandruff, which is common in the winter due to scalp dryness, by trying hot oil with lemon therapy weekly.
- For Soft Skin – Bathe in milk to enjoy the skin nourishing benefits of lactic acid and natural fats. Just add a few cups of skim milk to lukewarm water to soften your skin.
- For Shine – Use hair products that contain soy and panthenol to keep your hair shiny.
- For Smooth Lips – Keep lips supple by dabbing on lip balm rich in castor oil, vitamin E, cocoa butter, or olive oil.
- For Hair Frizz – Combat hair frizz by using a penetrating hair oil every day after washing and before styling.
- For Radiant Skin – Massage your face using your fingertips and knuckles to increase blood circulation. Oxygen flowing to your face will make the skin look radiant and glowing.
- For Makeup Removal – Use an oil-based cleanser to remove makeup instead of makeup removing wipes.
- For Irritability – Sleep on silk sheets to minimize friction on your skin, as eczema, psoriasis and atopic dermatitis seem to be worse in the winter.
- For Hydration – Drink plenty of water, and limit your alcohol and caffeine intake to keep your body from dehydrating, which can show on your skin.